Our best seller ice cave tour! A half day tour that allows you to experience a stunning blue ice cave on Vatnajökull glacier
- A visit to the Sapphire ice cave
- Experienced local ice cave guide
- 4×4 transfer from our base
- Helmet and any other needed glacier gear (spikes when slippery in winter)
- Managed departure times to have fewer people in the ice cave, for a more private experience
- Small group size
- Supporting a small local family company
- This tour is carbon neutralized
Departure times: at 10:15 & 14:30
Duration: 3 – 4 hours
Meeting place: Jökulsárlón Glacier Lagoon (next to Diamond Beach)
Difficulty Level: Easy (half hour hike one way)
Season: 1st of October – 31st of March
Age limit: 10 years old for our public tours
(5-9 years old for our private tours)
For groups, photographers or private departures contact us at email@example.com for further details and departure options
What to bring:
Warm and waterproof outdoor clothing, hat and gloves.
Good winter boots or hiking shoes.
You can rent hiking boots from us for 1.000 ISK.
Sometimes we need to put on spikes and sometimes the ground can be very muddy/wet in or on the way to the ice cave.
To see what we are currently up to, check out our Instagram and Facebook! Also our guests often tag us on Instagram with stunning pictures from our tours.
Ice Cave Tour
at 10:15 & 14:30
From 3-4 hours
Sapphire ice cave – picture taken in sept 2020
Black Diamond Ice Cave – Winter 2019-2020
Blue Diamond Ice Cave – Winter 2019 – 2020