MEASURES WE ARE TAKING DUE TO THE CORONA VIRUS
As the Coronavirus or COVID-19 spreads across the globe, we at Local Guide are aware that measures need to be taken to slow its distribution.
In addition to the general guidelines presented by the authorities, we have listed a few extra points that are specific to our tours.
As of now all of our tours can still take places as scheduled. We are also offering private tours for individuals and groups.
What we are doing:
It appears that the virus can survive on inanimate surfaces for a limited time, from several hours up to a few days. Therefore, we are taking measures to reduce the risk of transmission:
- No handshakes. Sorry! Limiting physical contact is an easy and effective way to reduce risk
- Tour limitations are 12 clients per guide, in our cars.
- Sanitise your hands when entering the vehicle
- Ensuring distance of 1 meters between people on the tour as possible, when not possible a mask is mandatory, on our public tours we need to wear a mask inside the car and when fitting the glacier gear needed for the tour. You can bring your own reusable mask on our tours or we can provide you with a single use mask free of charge.
- Helmets and glacier gear are clean after every use. We clean our gear according to the manufacturer’s technical notes.
- Glacier crampons arecleaned with soap after each use.
- Vehicle contact surfaces are disinfected between tours
- Free cancellation until 24 hours of the tour departure time. We know that further travel restrictions may occur and therefore bookings may be canceled or rescheduled at any time.
What you can do:
- We recommend you to wear a Buffor Beanie under the helmet – we sanitise them after each use, but an extra layer is great
- Wear Gloves. This will reduce exposure to surfaces that can’t be cleaned properly or are being touched frequently
- Wash your hands before the tour
- Follow common guidelines (WHO, CDC, UK NHS).
- Note that situations can change quickly and we will adapt our procedure if needed.