We have started operating as Iceland opened up to tourism again, on the 25th of August new regulations took place due to the increase in Covid cases here in Iceland, here are more on regulations when travelling to Iceland from abroad: Instructions for quarantine for visitors in Iceland
Measures we are taking due to the Corona Virus
As the Coronavirus or spreads across the globe, we at Local Guide are aware that measures need to be taken to slow its distribution.
In addition to the general guidelines presented by the authorities, we have listed a few extra points that are specific to our tours.
As of now all of our tours can still take places as scheduled. We are also offering private tours for individuals and groups.
What we are doing
It appears that the virus can survive on inanimate surfaces for a limited time, from several hours up to a few days. Therefore, we are taking measures to reduce the risk of transmission.
· . Sorry! Limiting physical contact is an easy and effective way to reduce risk
· Tour limitations are 9 clients per guide, in our cars we make sure to only have one party in each row.
· Sanitize your hands when entering the vehicle
· and glacier gear are cleaned after every use. We clean our gear according to the manufacturer’s technical notes.
· cleaned with soap after each use.
· contact surfaces are disinfected between tours
· We know that further travel restrictions may occur and therefore bookings may be canceled or rescheduled at any time. We can also take care of all payments on the day of the tour.
What you can do
· We recommend you to wear a or under the helmet – we clean them as best we can, but an extra layer is great
· Wear . This will reduce exposure to surfaces that can’t be cleaned properly or are being touched frequently
· Wash your hands before the tour
Note that situations can change quickly and we will adapt our procedure if needed.